Biggest DOTA 2 Tournaments in Southeast Asia Will Take Place in Philippine Arena this Coming Weekend
Published · Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:24 PM
The hotly anticipated DOTA 2 (Defense of the Ancients) tournament, Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds takes place this coming weekend at the Philippine Arena, in Bulacan. From January 19th – 21st, 2018, a number of globally recognized teams will go head-to-head for a prize pool of USD 500,000.00!
With one of the biggest DOTA 2 tournaments in Southeast Asia just around the corner, let’s take a quick look at everything you need to know about Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds.
1. Biggest DOTA 2 Event of the Year
Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds is the second annual DOTA2 tournament from Fallout Gaming & Purpose Win Entertainment Limited (PWEL). After a memorable start last year in Shenzen, China, Galaxy Battles makes its way to the Philippines for a special tournament many are looking at as a major step in legitimizing esports.
Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds kicks off on Friday with the following Upper Bracket matches:
- TNC Pro Team vs. Team Spirit
- Infamous vs. VGJ Thunder
- Evil Geniuses vs. TBA (Wild Card Winner)
- Red Bull OG vs. Pain Gaming
2. Ticket Information & “Barkada” Packages
Tickets for Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds can be purchased at all SM Ticketworld outlets nationwide. The tickets start at PHP 7,000.00 for VIP seating, with General Admission starting at PHP 2,000.00 for Upperdeck seats.
VIP and Premium 3-Day Pass holders are entitled to a number of privileges, including carpark access, free seating in their designated areas, and access to an exclusive meet and greet with their favorite teams.
In addition, attendees can enjoy a special “Barkada” Package, which entitles patrons to redeem one (1) free ticket for every two (2) tickets purchased of the same tier. And as a thank you to fans showing their support, attendees can avail a 30% discounts on all tickets using the promo code: GALAXY30.
3. Getting to Galaxy Battles II: Emerging Worlds
Still figuring out how to get to the Philippine Arena this weekend? The Galaxy Battles management has you covered! From Friday to Sunday, fans can enjoy a special P2P bus service at designated pick-up points in SM Mall of Asia, SM Megamall, and SM City North EDSA. Patrons just have to proceed to the bus terminal and look for the busses with the Galaxy Battles 2018 Logo.
Shuttle Bus Schedule:
SM Mall of Asia to Philippine Arena / Philippine Arena to SM Mall of Asia
SM Megamall to Philippine Arena / Philippine Arena to SM Megamall
SM North Edsa to Philippine Arena / Philippine Arena to SM North Edsa
4. Refund Procedures
Ticket holders may avail of a refund. There are a variety of options, depending on the purchase method.
- Unredeemed Tickets: Kindly request for a refund at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the ‘claim ticket’ voucher.
- Redeemed Tickets: Simply return the actual tickets to the branch where they were first purchased.
- Refunds are not available at SM Department Stores or Business Centers.
- Refunds are ONLY available at SM Cinema Branches.
- Tickets can only be refunded at the SM Cinema Branch they were purchased from.
- For Cash Transactions: Kindly proceed to the SM Mall of Asia Arena Box Office to surrender the ticket.
- For Card Transactions: Kindly surrender the actual ticket to the branch it was purchased from.
- Refunds for card transactions may take 10 – 15 working days.
- Three (3) working days may be required for refunds to take place.
- Refunds are only applicable for tickets purchased before January 07th, 2018, 11:59 PM.