ASEAN Cyberkids Camp 2017
EVENT #: 4422
ASEAN Cyberkids Camp (ACC) 2017 is organized to let the best primary-?school-?aged students in the ASEAN region learn how to code, create and communicate. This is achieved through a competition where the participants are expected to code a program using SCRATCH thereby creating a multimedia presentation that communicates a theme to be announced during the competition.
ASEAN Member states are enjoined to send a team composed of two students and accompanied by a tutor-chaperone. The ACC 2017 is will be held at the Philippine Science High School Main Campus in Manila, the country’s premier science high school. The event is organized by the Department of Information and Communication Technology in partnership with the school.
- Design Thingking Workshop
- Communications Workshop
- Fun At the FabLab
- City Tour
- Cultural Night
What are the eligibility requirements to enter the event?
A. Student Eligibility
The students who are eligible for ACC 2017 must meet the following criteria:
- A native resident of the participating AMS (confirmed by the valid passport).
- Currently attending a primary/elementary school;
- Born ON or AFTER 1 August 2005 (confirmed by the passport).;
- Has a good command of English;
- Must have a working knowledge of Scratch and basic animation software;
- Must NOT have participated in previous ACCs
B. Tutor Eligibility
The tutor from each AMS who are eligible for ACC 2017 must meet the following criteria:
- Must be fluent in English.
- Has a good command of basic computer and is knowledgeable with SCRATCH programming.
- Is ready to become the tutor and a judge throughout the ACC program.
What can I bring into the event?
Philippines has a warm and humid weather. Bring light clothes that are comfortable to wear. Bring a raincoat or an umbrella.
There is no need to bring a laptop. Personal devices/laptops/notebooks will not be allowed inside the school.
What's the funding policy?
Fellowship covering round-trip economy air ticket, hotel accommodation and daily allowance based on the ASEAN ICT Fund will be provided to all registered participants of the ACC 2017. The maximum amount of reimbursement for airfare is Seven Hundred US Dollars (USD 700) per participants (except the Philippine participants). Reimbursement of actual airfare will be made after handover to the host secretariat the following documents:
- a.Original Flight Boarding Pass;
- b.Air-ticket print out or electronic ticket;
- c.Photocopy of valid passport;
- d.Invoice receipt or proof of ticket payment from the Airline company or travel agent.
Each AMS, registered participant (except the Philippines) will receive a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) in the amount of Two Hundred US Dollars (USD 200) for their hotel accommodation, meals, and other incidental/personal expenses.
Can I update my registration information?
Deadline for updating registration details is on June 25, 2017.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Your may send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org